When Anil Kumar Nayak, an account holder of a large public sector bank, lost his passbook he was shocked to find that his bank did not offer any help. "I was told nothing can be done now. New passbook cannot be issued as there was no account number.
When I requested the branch manager to search the account number by my name, he rudely replied that he did not have time. I was given a new account opening form by a peon. Please guide me how I can retrieve my account number and how to make such people accountable," Nayak wrote on Grahak Seva, the government's customer grievances website.
The website has numerous such posts complaining about the service quality of public sector banks. Yet, as per the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) data, the growth in business per employee of government-owned banks continues to outpace that of private sector lenders.
When I requested the branch manager to search the account number by my name, he rudely replied that he did not have time. I was given a new account opening form by a peon. Please guide me how I can retrieve my account number and how to make such people accountable," Nayak wrote on Grahak Seva, the government's customer grievances website.
The website has numerous such posts complaining about the service quality of public sector banks. Yet, as per the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) data, the growth in business per employee of government-owned banks continues to outpace that of private sector lenders.

No comments :
Post a Comment